Saturday, November 3, 2012

Blessing Your Husband, Day 3 Got Nuttin But Love For You Baby!


One version of scripture Proverbs 19:22 says "What a man desires is unfailing love." Only God's love is unfailing. We can bless our husbands by telling them of God's love, even quoting Jeremiah 31:3 "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving kindness." I like to make it a prayer of thanksgiving. "Thank you Lord for loving my husband with an everlasting love and drawing him unto Yourself with loving kindness." This prayer is important because a man cannot love if he doesn't know or accept love from God. He won't be able to love God, love himself, or love his wife. I love what Greg Smalley has to say about love. He states love is not chemistry and love cannot be generated."In reality, there is no love that comes from us. We are not the originators. God is. 1 John 4:7-8 says that love comes for God and love is God. In verse 19 it goes on to say that we love because God first loved us. The point is that I do not generate a single drop of love. It all comes from God. By receiving God, I receive His love. I can then open my heart and share it with others. Love feels good to me, but I am just passing it through from God to others. By making a conscious decision, I can pass love through to my spouse. It helps the process if I see her as God sees her." Or in our case, as God sees him (valuable and precious.)He goes on to say that if a heart is closed to God, it will be closed to their spouse.
(www.smalleymarriage.com)

John 15:13 says, "There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends." We will substitute the word friend for spouse here (even though they should be our friend as well). God put it on my heart that He wanted me to lay down my life for my husband. That meant all my hurt, my pride, my desires, expectations, etc...you name it! I believe and have discovered many other women have been called and are doing the same thing. Love is a sacrifice, and it hurts, but it's not without a reward because LOVE IS GOD! A man wants unfailing love, that means a love that is unconditional, forgiving, a love that always protects!(quite complaining and gossiping to your friends and family!)(guilty as charged on that one. :( A love that always trusts (and is trustworthy!). (and that one), always hopes, and always perseveres. (I got those down!) Let God fill your heart with love and good treasures for your husband. Remember love never fails. Love always conquers! Because....Love..Is...God!

Keep in mind if you pray for yourself and not him, you will never find the blessings and fulfillment you want. What happens to him happens to you, and you can't get around it. ~ Stormie Omartian ( The Power of a Praying Wife)

Let's love him through prayer:

Oh, Father, today let me just love him. Pour Your love into me in such a powerful and complete way that I am just bursting with You. Teach me how to pour Your love out over my husband. Father I ask You to place Yourself before my husband today. Lord please surround him and place men of God in His path that will love him, encourage him, support him, and be an example of You to him. Overwhelm him with your unfailing love. Let him see reminders that You are in relentless pursuit of him and that your passion for him will never fade. Lord, I ask You to surround him with You. Fill his morning, noon, and night with your presence. In The Name Of Jesus, Amen(Winning Him Without Words ~ Lynn Donovan and Dineen Miller)


Thank You for strengthening me to be available to my husband in order to meet his needs, and for binding us together in love. Because You have poured Your love into my husband, he loves me as you love the church. As an act of my will, I will submit to my husband and reciprocate Your perfect love toward him. Father, I thank You that I am my husband's gift from You. I love him and he loves me. The love we have for each other is Your love. This love is unconditional, it is faithful, it is loyal, filled with integrity and honor. It is self sacrificing. (This prayer you will want to keep praying and confessing daily until you see Gods power bringing it to pass in your marriage) Thank you for delivering him from worry, stress, and fear, and filling all the voids in his life with your love, power, purpose, and divine direction.

Thank You for delighting him and delighting in him, I pray You will do something phenomenal for him. Do it, Father, in a way so he knows it was only You. Thank You for touching him and allowing him to experience You in a real and living way.

Father, Your word instructs me to love my husband and, through my prayer, I manifest that love. You made me a wise woman. Therefore I build my house through prayer and thank You for helping me to maintain a strong foundation in You for my household. After You, my first concern is my husband and how I may please him. Thank you for continually drawing him near to Your heart. In Jesus' name, Amen.
(A Wife's Prayer ~ Pamela Hines)

No comments:

Post a Comment