Friday, November 2, 2012

Blessing your husband-Day 2


I learned a long time ago ( I often forget) that in order for someone to be promoted or receive certain blessings you have to bless your head. God is a God of order, so it pleases Him when we bless our husbands, bosses, church leaders, etc. I know, you may say or feel that your husband doesn't deserve it. The trick is praying your husband UP into your expectations. Act and pray like he deserves and eventually he will line up to that and act like he deserves it too! If you want to be promoted, promote him. You want to be blessed, bless him.You want to be honored,honor him.

I have also learned that men have a very strong need to feel like they have something for themselves, a reward for their hard work. Not feeling like they are always working to just give everything over to the family. You know, being sucked dry. Like me, you're probably saying, but he gets everything he wants. I work and sacrifice just as much, if not more than he does. Those are his kids! He should WANT to give to them and make the sacrifice for them! You have to believe that is their heart, it's just a matter of perception. Men have a greater need for rewards and encouragement. (we will talk more about that later) During this time I encourage you to lay down your pride and trust that the Lord will reward you.

Father, bless my husband with wealth and honor, that he may not lack in what he desires for himself. I pray my husband keeps his heart right in You so when Your Word enters his heart, it will produce godly results in his life. I pray he guards his heart from the worries of this age, the deceitfulness of wealth, and the desire for other things. I declare these things will not enter in and choke the Word making it unfruitful in his life, because You've kept his heart.~Ecclesiastes 6:2; Mathew 13:22

(This prayer was shared from A Wife's Prayer~ Pamela Hines)

No comments:

Post a Comment