Tuesday, December 4, 2012

No more playing defense! I'm going dragon slaying!!


Yesterday was another amazing session of deliverance and healing. The purpose of these meetings is to go back to a place of extreme emotion. It can be hurt, anger, fear, any of these negative emotions can act as a doorway for the enemy to manipulate and use as a tool of deception. Through memory we access these feelings in the heart and ask Jesus to come in and tell us the truth about the situation and to heal it. Remember the bible says perfect love cast out all fear. It casts out a whole lot more! When you have Jesus filling up that place of pain it no longer hurts, you can look back and still feel whole, unafraid.

One particular memory I stepped back into was one concerning my youngest brother who was less than two years old at the time. It was a horrible memory of me coming home from church and walking into a situation involving my step dad. It wasn't as bad as it could have been, but it was still a horrible scene. I'm sure you can guess what it is about. In this moment I froze, I didn't know what to do. Confusion set in. I was a child who was trying to protect myself from abuse at home with my mother and thought I had found refuge living with my stepfather that was always loving and protecting of us. I made the decision to leave this incident alone and figured I could protect my baby brother by never leaving him alone when he came to visit in the future. ( Later I did stand up to my stepfather and I did report him to the authorities when I found out the truth about other kids involved and I realized I could not protect myself, my sister, or any other child from this evil man.)

Moving forward....My life coach and I asked Jesus to show me the truth about how He felt about me in this situation. Was it my fault? Should I feel guilty? Ashamed? Was there anything I could have done? The Lord's response was that I was not to feel guilty or carry the shame. It was not my sin and He did not hold it against me. The Lord spoke this directly to me as He moved into my heart to heal the pain with His comforting touch and remove the shame. My life coach also stated to me that I was a child, this circumstance was bigger than me. I had never thought of that and it meant a lot to me to hear someone else say it.

The next step was to see that Jesus was there in the situation. It was hard to find Him this time. When my Life Coach asked me if I saw Jesus there my reply was no, but I could sense the heavenly host in the room surrounding it, but there was something in the middle I could not see. I had opened my eyes to explain to her what I was seeing at this moment. She told me to close my eyes again and ask Jesus to show me what was going on. As I sought the Lord for His response I saw an angel pushing back a beast like two strong men hand to hand. At the same time I felt the Lord saying He was there, He was holding back the enemy, He would not let the enemy have the victory over my brother!! As you can imagine, it was that moment that the floodgates opened. My heart poured out every tear, every emotion tied to that memory and relief in the truth that Jesus was there, fighting to protect my brother from the enemy. Keeping His word that He will never leave us or forsake us! My brother could have suffered a greater atrocity at the hand of the enemy and I know many have. I don't have the answers as to why, but I know the truth that in every situation Jesus was there in one way or another, and He can and will bring healing if you allow Him to.

This new tidbit of truth has empowered me again and brought more confidence and more strength to me. It's just amazing to see how the enemy uses situations to tear at every piece of our soul trying to make us powerless, empty, broken, feeling unloved, and forgotten. None of those things are true! We are so precious to God, He loves us so much that He has given us everything in this world, all dominion over the enemy. That is why the enemy hates us so much and tries to bring defeat upon us. He knows the truth. He is afraid and even jealous of what YOU can do with it.

Psalms 8:1-9

O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens. 2 From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise because of your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger. 3 When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, 4 what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him? 5 You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor. 6 You made him ruler over the works of your hands; you put everything under his feet: 7 all flocks and herds, and the beasts of the field, 8 the birds of the air, and the fish of the sea, all that swim the paths of the seas. 9 O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!

Revelation 12:13

13 When the dragon saw that he had been hurled to the earth, he pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child. 14 The woman was given the two wings of a great eagle, so that she might fly to the place prepared for her in the wilderness, where she would be taken care of for a time, times and half a time, out of the serpent’s reach. 15 Then from his mouth the serpent spewed water like a river, to overtake the woman and sweep her away with the torrent. 16 But the earth helped the woman by opening its mouth and swallowing the river that the dragon had spewed out of his mouth. 17 Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to wage war against the rest of her offspring—those who keep God’s commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus.

It's not God attacking you! He meant what He said, "For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places." Ephesians 6:12

This is why we can no longer be ignorant of Satan's devices! We must learn not to accept his lies or emotions as our own. If they don't line up with the fruit of the Spirit which are love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control(Galations 5:22-23) then we can know whatever the situation, whatever the thought, whatever the feeling is not from God our Father! He is better than that! He has better for you! You have to accept His love and love. Accept His forgiveness and forgive. Give Him your every hurt, give Him your anger, let Him replace the fear with peace. Overcome the enemy by allowing God to be greater than all your pain and fear. Prove God is true and give His glory not to another and see what He will do for you.

I am raging right now! No more playing defense! I'm going dragon slaying!!

Please allow God to enter your heart and situation by submitting your emotions to Him. Ask Jesus to forgive you of your sins, ask Jesus to forgive you for accepting the lies of the enemy as your own. Let Him heal you, let Him lead you into His truth and all the blessings He has for you. He won't just take it from you, you have to give it to Him and then learn to cast down every thought and every emotion that tries to exalt itself against the truth and knowledge of God. If you write me I will pray with you. Keep seeking His truth and find someone that will pray with you. God Bless you in the Mighty Name of Jesus!

esther2jwl@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment