Monday, July 21, 2014

Getting Back To Rainbows


The Lord put it on my heart that it was time to read the bible once again from beginning to end. Time to get His word fresh in my head and heart and be reminded of a few scriptures I can't seem to find, and Im sure hopeful I will come across some new discoveries. Something new I got stuck on was a verse in Genesis 6:3 Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years." I got excited that there could be some hidden revelation and started texting my people..oh what could it mean?? Im sure the Lord was rolling His eyes at me when He revealed it means it took Noah 120 years to build the ark and then He flooded the earth. Ok, I felt like a doofus. The next couple of verses are worthy to be noted and pondered upon. After Noah built an altar to the Lord, Genesis 8:21 The LORD smelled the pleasing aroma and said in His heart: "Never again will I curse the ground because of humans, even though every inclination of the human heart is evil from childhood(Sad, I read this and think of the teenage girls Rachel Schoaf and Sheila Eddy that killed their "best friend" Skylar Neese) . And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done." After such a great event, I can just see the Lord deeply inhaling and with a deep sigh of compassion and heartbreak, I can only assume much after thought, make such a promise. Looking upon His original reason for flooding the earth, do you know how much love and discipline it would be to keep such a promise for a God that is so capable of such power, so worthy of righteousness, to hold back His hand from that kind of wrath ever again? We have got to be so much more evil and wicked than they ever were in Noah's time. People of that time could not even possibly carry out the wicked imaginations that we can today with the help of technology. I do intend to touch more on some personal revelations and end time prophecies surrounding the days of Noah but right now I just sense the Lord has been wanting us to understand the promise, how important and special it is, to appreciate the love that surrounds the symbol of the rainbow, to know it is something meant to be honored and is worthy, not to be defiled or mocked by the world.
The Lord goes on to say Genesis 9:4-6

4 “But you must not eat meat that has its lifeblood still in it. 5 And for your lifeblood I will surely demand an accounting. I will demand an accounting from every animal. And from each human being, too, I will demand an accounting for the life of another human being.

6 “Whoever sheds human blood,
by humans shall their blood be shed;
for in the image of God
has God made mankind.

Once again He is reminding us how important life is and how serious we need to be about it. He means what He says and we need to take it serious in our hearts. You've got two other scriptures to back up that promise. Mathew 26:52 those that fight by the sword will die by the sword. Our good old time favorite Galations 6:7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
The thing that touched me the most is reading Genesis 9:12-16 ..12 Then God said, “I am giving you a sign of My covenant with you and with all living creatures, for all generations to come. 13 I have placed My rainbow in the clouds. It is the sign of My covenant with you and with all the earth. 14 When I send clouds over the earth, the rainbow will appear in the clouds, 15 and I will remember my covenant with you and with all living creatures. Never again will the floodwaters destroy all life. 16 When I see the rainbow in the clouds, I will remember the eternal covenant between God and every living creature on earth.” He keeps saying I WILL REMEMBER...no matter what you do, or what your children do, I am going to look at the rainbow, I am going to honor MY promise, even if you don't. THAT is unconditional love! THAT is a persevering love!

I love when the Lord is speaking because its not just only one person that gets the revealation, it becomes a theme across the land. That's when you know it's the Spirit of God speaking because its about checks and balances, and being intuned with one spirit, one mind, one truth. Pastor Joseph Prince was speaking from his heart about rainbows too recently and how he believes that at the time Jesus died on the cross there must have been a rainbow above Him because of the covenant (the promise), he shared Isaiah 54:9 "To me this is like the days of Noah, when I swore that the waters of Noah would never again cover the earth. So now I have sworn not to be angry with you, never to rebuke you again." After what I have read and shared with you, I can believe it too.


Your Creator loves you. He sent His Son Jesus to be the sacrifice for you. To take on all the wrath, pain, and anger for YOU! Don't let this FREE GIFT be in vain! If you do not know Jesus as your personal Savior and Lord, simply pray the following prayer in faith. Why? Because His Word says, "Whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" and "If you will confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus,and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved.(Acts 2:21; Romans 10:9) He said YOUR salvation would be the result of His HOLY SPIRIT giving YOU new birth by coming to live in you. (John 3:5-6, 15-16, Romans 8:9-11) There is nothing you can do to earn it, you will never be holy enough on your own, and you're not required to be. Simply pray believing, Father, in the name of Jesus, I ask You to come into my life and forgive me of all my sins. I confess my sins before You this day. I accept Jesus into my heart and as the Lord of my life. Thank You for saving me and helping me to understand Your love for me. I believe with my heart and I confess with my mouth that You rose Jesus from the dead. I am saved and that my righteousness is of you and not myself. I pray this prayer to the Father in the name of Jesus. Amen.

1 comment: